Monday, January 25, 2010

MAKESHIFT SHELTER NARRATIVE



Katbird36. (2004, May 7).  Homeless Home.  Retrieved January 24, 2010, from Travel Webshots website:  http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1140985463055449024yANhbT

As I sit at my desk, reading what the natural light has provided me to see, my surroundings are drowned out.  As my mind soaks in the environment, it is transformed.  The sounds of cars mimic wind, while the voices of passer bys chirp beautiful songs.  The luminance, from the window before me, fills me with strength, knowledge, and peace.  While the rays of light up above, wrap their arms all around me, comforting me, and embracing my thoughts.  Light reflects, brightening my colors and giving shadow and depth on this surrounding plastic and cardboard structure.  As I finish reading one word and go on to the next, the light raises the words from the page.  Once they have gone, they flourish in my room, drifting like a subtle breeze.  They keep me cool in the summer and circulate my skylight rays in winter.  All of these experiences set the stage for my study.





No comments:

Post a Comment